To say it’s been a pretty incredible year is an understatement.
On December 30, 2013, we surpassed the previously unthinkable goal of 10K ‘likes’ on our Facebook page, and saw more visits to our website than ever before. Back in late 2010 when we started the site and Facebook page, I really couldn’t have imagined what a remarkable community this endeavour would become. And as cheesy as it may sound, it really has become a community. The naysayers can say all they want about Facebook, but the reality is that with intention, it can make a huge difference in many lives. I know it has in mine.
So, I was pondering what to post to wrap up the incredible year we’ve had in 2013 – the year I completely replaced my middle-management corporate income with my home-based, satellite-internet dependent design and tech support business serving; the year we enjoyed our ‘new/old’ log cabin with the beautiful new addition we incorporated in 2012; and the year I think I finally ‘got it’ with regards to what a remarkable journey it’s been for us from urban to rural living. After seeing a year-end post at essentialsurvival.org, I thought I’d take inspiration and share our top 10 most popular posts for 2013. I hope you’re able to glean some helpful info from them!
- The Beginner Vegetable Garden – 7 Simple Strategies for Success
- Firewood Basics – 5 Lessons for Heating with a Wood Stove
- 7 Simple Steps to Disaster Prep and Emergency Preparedness
- 10 Key Things to Consider Before Moving to the Country
- Living Without a Refrigerator – 5 Easy Ways to Preserve Food Without Electricity
- Adjusting to Rural Living
- The Pros and Cons of Country Living – Part 1
- Live on a Rural Property – Even if You Can’t Afford It
- 5 Steps to Moving and Restoring a Heritage Log Cabin
And finally, I just wanted to thank you all for visiting. I have a feeling 2014 is going to knock the socks off 2013!